Photos by Amber Pullen
Sign up to be a dog walker
If you would like to become a volunteer dog walker please complete our form.
Please can anyone who was booked on an induction last year please re-apply. Unfortunately due to the high volume of requests we received last year we are unable to contact everyone.
- You must be over 18 to volunteer.
- Please remember to bring Photo ID with you.
- Read our Guidance for Dog Walkers (104kb PDF).
These Forms will be handed out at the Inductions for your signature, but feel free to download and bring along a signed copy to save time.
- Once you have completed an induction you will be given a walker number and will be able to walk your first dog!
- Please keep your walker number safe as you will need this each time you walk a dog.
Sign up form
If you are a registered walker you can now turn up during our dog walking hours: 8am – 4.45pm Monday to Thursday and 8am-4pm Friday to Sunday. Please note that dogs must back in the kennels by the finishing times. We are closed from 12 noon – 1pm every day and we close at 12 noon on bank holidays.
Local dog walking routes
Cardiff’s parks and green spaces make this one of the greenest cities in the UK.
The Outdoor Cardiff website has a variety of walking trails from 1 mile to long distance treks all on your doorstep!