Photos by Amber Pullen
Sign up to be a dog walker
If you would like to become a volunteer dog walker all you need to do is:
We have a backlog of around 300 people waiting for an induction date. We are not in a position to re-start this at the moment but we are planning to as part of phase 2 of our re-opening plan. Please consult this web page for updates. We won’t take further bookings until we have cleared the backlog. Anyone who has registered for an induction place but no longer wants to be included should email the Dogs Home inbox – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register your interest to attend one of our Dog Walker Induction sessions.
- No events in this category
- Read our Guidance for Dog Walkers (104kb PDF).
These Forms will be handed out at the Inductions for your signature, but feel free to download and bring along a signed copy to save time.
- Once you have completed an induction you will be given a walker number and will be able to walk your first dog!
- Please remember to bring Photo ID with you.
Dog walking takes place from 8am until 4pm every day and on Thursday it finishes at 6pm.
We will be operating on a booking only system from to ensure we are COVID-19 compliant for your safety and ours.
Local dog walking routes
Cardiff’s parks and green spaces make this one of the greenest cities in the UK.
The Outdoor Cardiff website has a variety of walking trails from 1 mile to long distance treks all on your doorstep!